Say hello to your website!
Some Tips For Choosing A CNC Plasma Table
The fabrication of metal parts for machinery requires precision tools for cutting and shaping metal. One type of cutter that gives a precise cut is a plasma torch. You can use a hand-held variety but, if you have a lot of work, you will probably need an automated cutter. If you are considering purchasing a computer numerical controlled (CNC) plasma cutting table for your metal fabrication business, the following questions will guide you as to How to Choose a Plasma Table.
1. What is the largest size of metal sheet or plate that you will need to cut? Although the length of a cutting table can be extended with attachments, the width of the cutting area is fixed, so make sure that you can accommodate the largest size you are planning to use. This is also a good time to find out whether your metal supplier gives a discount if you upgrade to a larger size.
2. How thick is the metal that you need to cut? Different models of plasma cutters are designed to handle different thicknesses of metal, so make sure that you get one that can handle the maximum thickness you will need to cut.
3. How many working areas do you need? If you have a relatively small production line, a single work area should be enough. With one work area, your technicians will need some time to clean and transition between jobs. Other options are tables with multiple cutting areas and the purchase of an additional cutter.
4. Is the table constructed to withstand the demands of your work environment? Make sure that the table you select is made of heavy-duty materials and that the moving parts are designed to work smoothly and give a precise cut.
5. Is the software simple and easy to use? Consider how much time you want to invest in training when you evaluate a plasma tables's software, and also make sure that it will perform the functions you need. Does it have a database of preloaded shapes? Is it easy to import a CAD design and edit it within the software?
If you are thinking about investing in a CNC plasma table, find out more About Tactical CNC Plasma.